Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ARTISTIC ASSOCIATES

Welcome Eric Vigdorov! We're thrilled to announce yet another of our handful of Artistic Associates.

ERIC VIGDOROV- Eric is a native New Yorker, born and raised in Brooklyn. Ever since he was a child, Eric wanted to be an actor. As his career began to develop he found many avenues for his art. He is now finishing up his final credits at CUNY Brooklyn College where we will receive a B.F.A in Acting. Eric was most recently seen performing at the Cherry Lane Theatre during Barefoot Theatre Company’s Stripp3d Festival, where he played the role of office worker in Kristoffer Diaz’s F**king Vigwan (Or Swag). Other credits in New York include Reefer Madness, Dorothy in Oz both produced by Adam Roebuck Productions and BEAST which was featured in The Figment Festival. Eric would like to thank Frank Solorzano and the rest of the Barefoot Theatre Company family for helping him grow and work on his craft, and his wonderful family for their love.


Barefoot experience blurb:

I first heard of the Barefoot Theatre Company when I was a sophomore at Brooklyn College studying in the B.F.A Acting program. A professor of mine had told me that this company was changing the land scape of the New York Theater world. The best part about that, is when I found out the company started from former graduates of the BFA and MFA programs at Brooklyn College. I knew that I had to be apart of them. After speaking to Frank Solorzano I instantly fell in love with his drive and passion for theater. I asked him if there was anyway that I could help the company, and he told me to show up, volunteer and support. Which I did regularly until Frank contacted me to be a Associate Producer on the Stripp3d Festival this past Fall.


Working with the Barefoot Theatre Company has been one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve had in my life. Barefoot is more then just a theatre company - it is a real family. Every time I attend a rehearsal, a meeting, and talk to other members, I feel the warmth and welcome. Every person who is involved with the company has a true passion for the art of theatre. I seemed to have landed myself in a place where I was free to share my ideas and offer a contributing hand. I am forever grateful to the kindness of this family, and very excited to be working as an Artistic Associate for the rest of the 2011-2012 season!

No comments: