Barefoot Theatre Company, the critically acclaimed and award winning NYC & and LA based ensemble, currently in its 15th season, is now seeking applicants to fill the role of MANAGING DIRECTOR.
Barefoot Theatre Company’s focus is on ensemble collaboration: we present new and existing plays (lesser known works by established playwrights) and screenplays as public readings, workshops, and fully staged productions after we have explored them together as a collective. We are dedicated to the idea of telling stories in an honest, straightforward manner – and are committed to the advancement of women and lesser heard voices.
Our aesthetic has been labeled a "...raw acting style" (NYTIMES) that is "powerful and commanding" (BACKSTAGE). We've been fortunate to collaborate with artists from Broadway, film and television including Bobby Cannavale, Ethan Hawke, Chris Cooper, Gina Gershon, John Doman, Mickey Sumner, Jesse Eisenberg, John Magaro, Annabella Sciorra, and many others. We have branched out to films (Barefoot Studio Pictures) along with Education work with our Outreach Program (Good Shepherd Services, Stella Adler, etc.), and organized and produced a fundraiser simply titled ROCKAWAY which raised money to help Hurricane Sandy Victims in the Rockaways.
In order to continue, to serve the artistic communities in New York and Los Angeles as well as to continue our growth as an ensemble dedicated to art and community outreach, we need fill this position with someone who is ready to hit the ground running, who shares our aesthetic and ready to grow with an ensemble.
Barefoot Theatre Company, Inc. (a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization).
The managing director will be responsible for working closely with the Artistic Director and the Director of Development to help fulfill Barefoot Theatre Company's mission. He or she will work diligently to improve the annual budget performance while consistently keeping the company's integrity and principles in mind, presenting financial and marketing reports to the board periodically as well as progress reports at the company’s monthly meetings.
The managing director must have a keen eye for developing industry trends, new opportunities, and any issues that may affect the company both regionally and nationally.
The managing director will work with many departments, including finance, marketing, development, planning, human resources, and administration and develop and track the progress of new programs and fundraising ideas that are resourceful and creative.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Creating programs and plans with artistic director.
2) Monitoring grants with development director and board members.
3) Being a spokesperson for foundations/ corporations/ government.
4) Pursuing new relations with business and community organizations.
5) Managing required reporting processes for grants and programs, so that they are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
6) Taking part in all hiring decisions and ensure that the staff have adequate resources and clarity to perform their jobs.
7) Overseeing all public materials, press releases, and website content while contributing to public and internal communication.
8) Helping to create strategic action plans to achieve long-term goals that have been approved by the board.
9) Keeping a watchful eye on the company's fiscal integrity which includes making annual budgets, working with the Artistic Director, staff and financial committee.
If you're interested in applying and setting up an appointment to meet with us, please email a brief personal statement outlining your goals, resume, and any other materials that will help give us a better sense of your work and interest. Candidates should have experience with or enthusiasm for dealing with the public and must possess exemplary communication and leadership skills. He or she must be able to creatively problem solve and anticipate needs. Send all submissions to email@example.com with Subject Line: Managing Director.
To learn more about our Ensemble please visit us at www.barefoottheatrecompany.org as well as all of our social media outlets.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you.