Saturday, January 30, 2010

from Ensemble Member - Maia Sage


The Barefoot Theatre Company has been such an amazing experience for me. When i was in 7th grade they invited me to join them in their production of nine new short plays by Israel Horovitz. This was the beginning of of my new life as an actress. Though I was already in a performing arts school, doing these plays seemed to set my intentions of becoming an actress in stone because never before then had i experienced the thrill of being in a real show!
All of the plays Barefoot puts on are wonderful in their own ways. Their version of Dog Day Afternoon was so outstanding as well as all their readings ranging from various Horovitz plays to completely unknown writers. Being a part of this way hip New York ensemble of extremely talented artists has been so much fun; I encourage everyone to come and see the Barefoot company because they are guaranteed a good time!

Pictured: Maia Sage; Maia and Barefoot family member, actress Lynn Cohen; Maia with cast of Israel Horovitz's The Race Play featuring Lynn Cohen and Barefoot Theatre Company.

No comments: